The Strathcona Wilderness Institute operates because of the hard work of volunteers.
LAST CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS TO
STAFF THE CENTRE IN 2016
The Strathcona Park Wilderness Centre will close after the Thanksgiving Weekend. Before that we would like to see the Centre be open for the two weekends in October : we would really appreciate your help.
Fri. Sept. 30 , Sat. Oct.1, Sun. Oct.2
Fri. Oct. 7, Sat. Oct. 8, Sun. Oct. 9
Please contact us at strathconawilderness at gmail dot com.
Who can volunteer? Anyone! Please fill out the form & we will get back to you!
Benefits of Volunteering with SWI
• Meet other outdoor people
• Learn more about nature, natural settings, the environment
• Meet international visitors at the information centres
• Help educate others in “Leave No Trace”
• Help a non-profit group
• Help protect the beauty of Strathcona Park forever
• Make a positive contribution to the world
• Gain work experience
• Enhance your resume -receive a letter of reference!
• Have fun!
If you are looking to volunteer, please contact us. We will match your skills (or the skills you hope to develop) with projects that could use some extra hands. If you’d like to be notified when there are volunteer opportunities, please specify that you’d like to be put on the volunteer list. Contact us today!